ACS WQ
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
ACS WQ

Remember the bulldogs...

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Allow Other Bluetooth Devices to Access Files on This Comput

Go down 
AuthorMessage
johnmarkcausin
S-Class
S-Class
johnmarkcausin

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2006-07-25

Allow Other Bluetooth Devices to Access Files on This Comput Empty
PostSubject: Allow Other Bluetooth Devices to Access Files on This Comput   Allow Other Bluetooth Devices to Access Files on This Comput EmptyMon 31 Jul - 16:03

Allow Other Bluetooth Devices to Access Files on This Computer

To allow other Bluetooth devices to access files on this computer
1. From this computer, open My Bluetooth Places.
2. Click View my Bluetooth services.
3. Right-click My File Transfer, and then click Properties.
4. On the General tab, specify how you want the File Transfer service to start. By default, the Startup automatically check box is selected. If you prefer to manually start the service, clear the check box.
5. To require the use of a security code to connect to this service and to encrypt Bluetooth transmitted data, select the Secure connection check box. If you prefer not to require the use of a security code and to not encrypt data, do not select the checkbox.
6. Specify remote user access permissions by selecting either, both, or none of the Remote users may modify read-only files and folders and Remote users may access hidden files or folders check boxes.
NOTE: To specify a different location than the default location where the File Transfer service will save files, click Browse.
7. To specify if or how you want to be notified when another Bluetooth device access the files on this computer, click the Notifications tab, and then select either the Do not provide notification check box, or either or both of the Visual notification and Audio notification check boxes.
8. Click OK to save your settings.
Other Bluetooth devices can now access the files in your Bluetooth Exchange Folder.
NOTE: If you set the Secure connection property of the File Transfer service of this computer, you must be available to respond to the Bluetooth Security Code Request sent by the other device when the other device initially attempts to connect to this computer (see "Respond to Bluetooth Security and Authorization Messages"). Otherwise, the pairing process fails. After the two device are paired, the other device can access the files on this computer without having to obtain access permissions.
Use This Computer as a Speakerphone for a Bluetooth Cellular Phone
To use this computer as a speakerphone for a cellular phone
1. Open My Bluetooth Places, and then click Bluetooth Setup Wizard.
2. Click I know the service I want to use and I want to find a Bluetooth device that provides that service, and then click Next.
3. In Bluetooth Service Selection, click Audio Gateway, and then click Next.
4. In Bluetooth Device Selection, click the name of the cellular phone, and then click Next.
5. Click Finish.
You can now use this computer as a speakerphone for the cellular phone.
To discontinue using this computer as a speakerphone for the cellular phone
1. From this computer, open My Bluetooth Places.
2. Click View devices in range.
3. In Entire Bluetooth Neighborhood, right-click the name of the cellular phone, and then click Disconnect Hands-free voice gateway.
Back to top Go down
http://nautilus.batcave.net

Allow Other Bluetooth Devices to Access Files on This Comput
Page 1 of 1